Let Northern Michigan Be Where Your Dream Rides: August 2010 Issue
- Dream Rides: Explore Les Cheneaux’s world of wooden boats
- Perfect Summer Wines: Our vintners rock with white wines.
- Fabulous August Events: Time to squeeze the juice from summer.
- New Up North Restaurants: New restaurants to explore on soft summer nights.
- Where to Vacation with Teens: Our tips for where to travel with your teens.
Keep the summer spirit high with:
- Outdoor Gourmet: Cook the best outdoor meal ever
- Susan Vigland: TC’s bike racing queen
- Amazon Man: Our controversial anthropologist
Plus, Northern Home & Cottage & the 2010 MyNorth Filmgoer
Traverse Northern Michigan’s Magazine Presents: Dream Rides Issue
Catch Up on some Fantastic Features:
• Outdoor Gourmet—International guide and food lover Michael Gray shares recipes and tips for making the best meal you’ve ever had on the beach (or in your home for that matter).
• Queen of the Road: Susan Vigland wears the crown of Michigan’s top female road bike racer—at the age of 41. Here’s her insight on fitness, spirit and love of spinning Leelanau County back roads.
• Dr. Chagnon, I Presume?: First a damning bestseller nearly ruined his reputation. Now a documentary by Brazilian filmmaker Jose Padilha threatens to do so again. We catch up with the controversial Napoleon Chagnon, one of the world’s most famous anthropologists, at his home outside of Traverse City.
• Where Wooden Boats Rule: Within the hidden bays and intimate passageways of Les Cheneaux’s 32 island, mahogany boats still set the summer vibe.
Our August 2010 Issue Departments:
• Perfect Summer Wines: Our vintners rock with white wines.
• Fabulous August Events: Time to squeeze the juice from summer.
• New Up North Restaurants: New restaurants to explore on soft summer nights.
• Where to Vacation with Teens: Our tips for where to travel with your teens.
Plus, Northern Home & Cottage: The latest, greatest green homes Up North.
And the 2010 MyNorth Filmgoer: Your insider’s guide to TC during the Traverse City Film Festival.
- Up North: The 100-year-old motorcycle man, Kid Rock’s love song to Up North, a classic Manistee River cabin, giant toads in 3-D, the movie.
- Travel: Our tips for where to travel with your teens.
- Up in Michigan: Anne Marie Oomen’s place to think and write.
- Dining: New restaurants to explore on soft summer nights.
- In Season: Capturing the season of sun in easy blackberry jam.
- Wine: Our vintner rock with white wines. Try these suggestions for summer sipping
- Outdoors: International guide and food lover Michael Gray shares recipes and tips for making the best meal you’ve ever had on the beach (or in your home, for that matter).
- Into the North: Country Vineyard by Katie Else.
- Calendar of Events: Fairs, Festivals & Holidays
• Restaurant Guide:
And of course Deborah Wyatt Fellows's column:
The Screen Door Slammed
The screen doors in our house slam when they shut. They are not the kind of doors that go quietly into the night, gliding gracefully to a soft landing. They smack, wood on wood, all summer long. Women wince. Every man new to our house says, after about an hour, “I can fix that for you.” But, here’s the truth—I don’t want them fixed. ...Get this issue and read the rest of Deborah Wyatt Fellows's column.
- Northern Michigan Gifts--Traverse City, too!
- Home & Cottage
- Magazines & Subscriptions
- Sleeping Bear Dunes Collection
- Local Foods
- Northern Michigan Wedding Gifts