Product DetailsWintry Mix We invited 13 mixologists to offer up favorite cocktail recipes for winter eves. Fully charged hand blender, please. b.may unzipped For self-taught handbag maker Barbara May, zippered clutches were just the beginning. Now her designs are arm candy the planet round. Climbing U.P. Ice When waterfalls freeze to white columns and seeps turn to frozen sheets along the cliffs of Pictured Rocks, climbers (from beginners to world class) gather for a party on ice. Northern Home & Cottage Three smart and inspired renovations: Rural Renewal——this is what happens when you fall in love with the home you intended to flip. Make Room for Family—a clever architect designs a cottage for the new millennium in a 1950’s footprint. That House—Trevor and Lisa Doublestein open the doors on their fantastic renovation of a Petoskey Victorian. SHIPPING IS INCLUDED
- Up North:Winter Festival Super Guide. Comedy fest, microbrew fest, Blues fest, more! Plan your weekend now.
- Travel Insider: Ski getaway ideas
- Up in Michigan: Bob Butz’s boy helps him rediscover wonder in the snow.
- Dining: Appetizer here. Dinner down the block. Dessert over there. Progressive evening ideas for your February.
- Local Foodie:Karen Williams, chef extraordinaire at Galley Gourmet, shares a recipe for hearty potato and cheddar cheese soup, locally sourced, naturally.
- Microbrews:Porters and stouts to follow your snowy days outdoors.
- Into the North:Winter sunrise over East Bay.
- Northern Style:Traverse City’s celebrity florist Derek Woodruff puts it all together for us.
- Calendar of EventsOnly 28 days this month, friends, so make the most of ’em.
- Restaurant Guide
- On The Cover:Winter Cocktails from your favorite Up North taverns.
My family is at its best outdoors.And I would add, when we come in from the outdoors. We do well playing cards. We’re pretty good at the dinner table each night. We linger in the kitchen and lounge by the fire with our fair share of laughter and stories to tell. But all those things, every one of them, is better, and has always been better, if we’ve been outside. And never is this truer than in the winter. My husband, Neal, and I clung to that truth as we stuffed chubby, squirmy legs into snowsuits and rifled through the basket for the dinosaur gloves my second son, Peter, insisted on wearing for an entire season.... get this issue and read the rest of Deborah Wyatt Fellows's column ... SHIPPING INCLUDED
- Northern Michigan Gifts--Traverse City, too!
- Home & Cottage
- Magazines & Subscriptions
- Sleeping Bear Dunes Collection
- Local Foods
- Northern Michigan Wedding Gifts