Great Escapes to the biggest bestest beaches of Northern Michigan. Vacation information galore!
Traverse City's Sizzling Restaurant Scene
We take a tour of four iconic restaurants that show off the breadth and depth of Traverse City's smoking foodie scene.
The North's iconic folk fest heads into its 32nd year. We check in with a 20-year festival veteran and a first-timer to suss out the vibe.
Matthies Wine Facility
Meet Dan Matthies, Leelanau wine country entrepreneur.
Sleeping Bear Dune Mobile
Hagerty Insurance picked up one of the original dunes mobiles from the Sleeping Bear Dunes Rides and restored it to immaculate condition. We show it off and tell the tale of the search that led to this remarkable find.
2013 Northern Michigan Real Estate
SHIPPING IS INCLUDED
- Up North: Kirtland’s recovery a habitat lesson for all; build your own mini-Great Lakes on the beach; summer reads list; Camp Grayling turns 100!
- July Events: Things exploding in the sky and other exciting stuff this fine summer month.
- Travel: Four fun and beachy ways to enjoy a summer weekend Up North.
- Up in Michigan: A raccoon and her babes invaded Fleda Brown’s cottage crawl space. She’s conflicted.
- Dining: Where local foods rule.
- Local Foodie: Mardi Jo Link’s easy, peasy Kitchen Sink Salsa.
- Three Ways to Lemonade: With maple syrup, rosemary and rhubarb.
- Wine: Fresh and tasty award winners at the Pacific Rim competition.
- Red Hot Best Winners Circle: Fun photos from our Red Hot Best awards shindig at Blue Tractor Cook Shop.
- Into the North: A summer's sky
And, of course, Deborah Wyatt Fellows' column:
Lights Drifting to Heaven
The 4th of July is my husband's favorite holiday of the year. He grew up in Washington D.C., ....
... and the 4th meant an all-day family picnic on the National Mall. complete with concerts and spectacular fireworks. There are only two things that have allowed his 4th of July aspirations to be met in his life in Northern Michigan for the last 20 years: A personallay choreographed fireworks display he puts on with our brother-in-law and our small town 4th of July celebration.
So, the National Mall had Bono; our town has a small Scottish group with bagpipes whose music can stop your heart, ...
To read the rest of Deborah Wyatt Fellows column...order your copy of the July 2013 issue of Traverse, Northern Michigan's Magazine.
You might also be interested in
- Calendars, Cards, Music & Videos
- Home & Cottage
- Magazines & Subscriptions
- Sleeping Bear Dunes Collection
- Local Foods
- Online Directories
- Health & Beauty
- Alden Mill House
- Becky Thatcher Designs
- Benjamin Twiggs
- Belle Banquet
- FIREase LLC
- Grand Traverse Balloons
- Grand Traverse Culinary Oils
- Grand Traverse Tours
- Great Lakes Bath + Body
- Great Lakes Photo Tours
- Great Lakes Proud
- Grocer's Daughter
- jel designs
- Just Good Chocolate
- Korner Gem
- Leelanau Candle Co.
- Leland gal
- Leelanau Landscapes
- Michigan Awesome
- Michigan Nightlife
- Michigan Venison
- Shaggy's Copper Country Skis
- Smitten Designs Studio
- Smooth Stone Studios
- S&S Snowshoes
- Todd & Brad Reed Photography
- Wee Bee Jammin'
- WittPrint 3D