Red Hot Best Issue
Red Hot Best
Best shop for cocktail dresses, best car mechanic, best beach... 100 things to live in Northern Michigan. 10,000 voters. We unveil the top three vote getters in each category.
Stand Up & Paddle!
Intrepid reporter Kandace Chapple climgs aboard a stand-up paddleboard to discover why this is the hottest thing on the water right now.
The British Isle?
At the 200th anniversary of the War of 1812, a Canadian with an axe to grind (figuratively speaking) launches a lame attempt to reclaim Mackinac Island.
The international Hemingway Society converges on Petoskey for its biennial conference this June. We share locales that shaped this author's young mind.
Northern Home & Cottage
The happily-ever-after story of a stone cottage addition.
An Artful Home
The modern rustic philosophy of longtime Northern Michigan architect Jack Begrow shines in this Lake Michigan home.
A homely 1970s cottage. A tight budget. What's a design team to do?
SHIPPING IS INCLUDED
- Up North: Awesome classic car race launches from TC, restaurant changes aplenty, mystery of the orchard slasher.
- June Events: So much daylight! Get out and soak it up at a summer happening.
- Travel: Go ahead, appease your inner touristo.
- Up in Michigan: Lessons from beyond the sunset.
- Dining: In search of gourmet grub for your picnic basket, Boobo. Strawberry recipes. Plus: The Restaurant Guide.
- Local Foodie: Esperance's lavendar-rubbed duck breast.
- Wine: Time Tebeau shares rose revelations.
- Outdoors: Star light, star bright... awe-inspiring stargazing events this summer.
- Into the North: The magic ephemera of June.
- On The Cover: Interlochen presents Summer Arts Festival 2011.
And, of course, Deborah Wyatt Fellows's column:
Enthralled by the Light of June
Our first son, Ben, was born directly on the heels of the summer solstice. He was late in coming. We spent the longest day of that year waiting, wondering, trying to believe we understood what precipice we stood on. But, of course, we couldn't truly understand that.
What we did understand, what made sense, wast the light that surrounded us at the end of that June. We found wonder and solace and no small comfort in the consistency of June's spectacular gift of light. We walked and stretched out in that light. We contemplated and dreamed and tried to make sense of our fears, all in the magic light of the summer solstice...
... get this issue and read the rest of Deborah Wyatt Fellows's column ...
- Calendars, Cards, Music & Videos
- Home & Cottage
- Magazines & Subscriptions
- Sleeping Bear Dunes Collection
- Local Foods
- Online Directories
- Health & Beauty
- Alden Mill House
- Becky Thatcher Designs
- Benjamin Twiggs
- Belle Banquet
- FIREase LLC
- Grand Traverse Balloons
- Grand Traverse Culinary Oils
- Grand Traverse Tours
- Great Lakes Bath + Body
- Great Lakes Photo Tours
- Great Lakes Proud
- Grocer's Daughter
- jel designs
- Just Good Chocolate
- Korner Gem
- Leelanau Candle Co.
- Leland gal
- Leelanau Landscapes
- Michigan Awesome
- Michigan Nightlife
- Michigan Venison
- Shaggy's Copper Country Skis
- Smitten Designs Studio
- Smooth Stone Studios
- S&S Snowshoes
- Todd & Brad Reed Photography
- Wee Bee Jammin'
- WittPrint 3D