September 2011 Traverse, Northern Michigan's Magazine includes: Special Section 2011 Fall Arts Preview
SHIPPING IS INCLUDED IN OUR PRICE
- Up North: A look ahead at a season of arts & entertainment. Call it the North's playbill, and plan your season ticket ideas.
- September Events: If you've never noticed the luminous harvest moon from the 45th, perhaps it's time you got out more. Here's your road map.
- Travel: Golf deals are par for the course this month.
- Up in Michigan: Her sister's Redwing boots are too big to fill.
- Dining: Pair your art-filled evening with artful dining.
- Local Foodie: Tomato and basil quinoa salad.
- Wine: Discover the newly released autumn reds.
- Outdoors: Olympian Cary Adgate says yes we can hike and bike ourselves into shape for skiing.
- Into the North: So long, summer.
And, of course, Deborah Wyatt Fellows's column:
An Artful Nature
Nearly two years ago, my second son, Peter, fell in love with Ellie, a German exchange student at his high school.
Ellie, a gem of a young woman, could only spend five months on her American exchange, given her high school's requirements. As such, her parents traveled to retrieve her toward the end of January. Dorothee and Berndt planned visits to Boston and New York before coming to Northern Michigan and intended to stay four days here and finish with a handful of days in Chicago. It was their first trip to America. Of course, as is true of all of us who love Northern Michigan, we were anxious to make this leg of their trip, the part of the world Ellie had called home, memorable. So, of course, we relied on the tried and true recipe that makes Northern Michigan so intoxicating ...
... get September's issue to read the rest of Deborah Wyatt Fellows's column ...
- Stocking Stuffers
- Calendars, Cards, Music & Videos
- Home & Cottage
- Magazines & Subscriptions
- Sleeping Bear Dunes Collection
- Local Foods
- Online Directories
- Health & Beauty
- Alden Mill House
- Becky Thatcher Designs
- Belle Banquet
- Deep Blue Coffee Company
- Grand Traverse Balloons
- Grand Traverse Culinary Oils
- Grand Traverse Tours
- Great Lakes Bath + Body
- Great Lakes Photo Tours
- Great Lakes Proud
- Grocer's Daughter
- Higher Grounds
- Just Good Chocolate
- Korner Gem
- Leelanau Candle Co.
- Leland gal
- Michigan Awesome
- Michigan Nightlife
- Michigan Venison
- Paperworks Studio
- Shaggy's Copper Country Skis
- Smooth Stone Studios
- S&S Snowshoes
- The Leelanau Wave
- Todd & Brad Reed Photography
- Wee Bee Jammin'