Small Town. Big Cool.
This issue features All of Traverse City's Small Town Charm and Huge Cool Factor. Whether you're visiting Harbor Springs, Petoskey, Charlevoix, the Leelanau Peninsula, Crystal Lake, Torch Lake, Boyne City, Traverse City or any charming village in Northern Michigan, this issue helps you discover all that's charming and cool in Traverse City, the roots of Native American gaming, the Porcupine Mountains and local Pinot Noir.
Plus, Northern Home & Cottage: The Ultimate Up North Kitchen Tour
October 2009 issue includes:
- The Porkies! The glorious results of a stellar landscape photographer set loose in Michigan's most dramatic wilderness state park.
- Small Town. Big Cool. Traverse Citians rate their quality of life significantly higher than people do elsewhere. Makes sense to us. Here's why--a love note to our place.
- Fred Dakota and the Garage Casino. With his unemployment about to run out and five kids to feed, Fred Dakota had to get inventive, and Indian gaming has never been the same since.
- Northern Home & Cottage: The Kitchen Tour Issue with 25 professionally designed kitchens plus four true stories (and their happy endings) of real-life Northern Michigan kitchen remodels, a taste of funky fall style for your home and the 2009 Ultimate Up North Kitchen Tour guidebook.
- Travel: Coastal color tours
- Dining: The Susie Q, The Wallooner, the Mecca, The Quirky Turkey ... a dozen stupendous sandwiches to amp up your lunch break.
- In-Season: A cauliflower recipe you'll come back to.
- Wine: Northern Pinot Noirs to explore; interview with an organic grape grower
- Calendar of Events
- Restaurant Guide
- Founder Deb Wyatt Fellows's column
- Northern Michigan Gifts--Traverse City, too!
- Home & Cottage
- Magazines & Subscriptions
- Sleeping Bear Dunes Collection
- Local Foods
- Northern Michigan Wedding Gifts