Summer Adventure! Escape for a Weekend on South Manitou Island
Jim Harrison: His New Book and More. Q&A with Jerry Dennis.
Grill Out: Top BBQ Chef’s Tips for an Ultimate Pork Picnic.
Vogue Theatre: Michael Moore and a Community Save Manistee’s Film House.
Capt. Tom Kelly: Meet the Man Who Founded Inland Seas Schoolship
Northern Home & Cottage: 2014 Home Tour
Dining: Soak up summer on a delicious restaurant deck
Wine: Sip the North’s world-class roses
Outdoors: 4 Fantastic bio rides in Northern Michigan
36 Hours on South Manitou
With vacation time brief and adventure calling, the Ross family heads to South Manitou Island for a compact but unforgettable escape.
Marvelous Mavens of Manistee’s Movie House
Manistee’s movie theater seemed like a hopeless dump, but not to Michael Moore. He fired the starting gun and these two women drove the restoration forward.
Pigs Eatin’ Ribs
Adam Kline learned pork BBQ in the Carolinas and brought it north to great success, first through his food truck Pigs Eatin’ Ribs and then his Charlevoix restaurant of the same name. We asked him to share some advice and recipes for delicious pork at home.
What is iconic poet, novelist and screenplay writer Jim Harrison up to now? Author Jerry Dennis finds out.
The Captain’s Dream
Twenty-five years ago Tom Kelly had an ah-ha moment: the best way to convince people to protect the Great Lakes was to share the water wonder on an enchanting schooner. The schoolship Inland Seas was born, and now, 100,000 students later …
- Up North—A teen girl race car driver raises money for cancer patients, hope for the lovely Portage Point Inn, planting delicious berries along a bike trail—heck yeah! More.
- August Events—Soak up the sun at an event this month!
- Travel—They’re classic for a reason. Check these time-tested Up North getaways.
- Up in Michigan—Kandace Chapple shares a kooky moment on the mountain bike trail.
- Dining—It’s August, so dine on deck. Check these suggestions.
- Wine—The French love roses, you will too (hint: they’re nothing like that 1970s stuff).
- Outdoors—Our world traveler says nobody has better cycling than Northern Michigan. He shares four favorites.
- Into the North—Light in August, the Northern kind.
And, of course, Deborah Wyatt Fellows's column:
... get this issue and read the rest of Deborah Wyatt Fellows's column ...
- Northern Michigan Gifts--Traverse City, too!
- Home & Cottage
- Magazines & Subscriptions
- Sleeping Bear Dunes Collection
- Local Foods
- Northern Michigan Wedding Gifts