Plus, 2015 Estate & Financial Planner
Hard cider is returning to its rightful place ini America's glass, and Northern Michigan's premium apples make our offerings sublime. Try them on a weekend tour.
Two-Wheeling Boyne Country--
We make it basecamp Boyne Highlands for a weekend of mountain biking and road riding in some of America's most luscious cycling terrain.
In a Benzie County forest, sculptures stand among trees and trails, channeling the spirit of the Great Lake State.
Where Ooh La La Meets H2O--
Northern Michigan retailers have take the notion of "currated offerings" to heart, and to the shopper. We check three downtowns that rock the trend.
- Up North Fall Arts Preview: Music, paintings, theater, authors and more to inspire your autumn days.
- September Events: Fun stuff for your September roaming.
- Travel: 10 Ways to kick back in the Upper Peninsula this month.
- Up in Michigan: How Jaws ruined a young boy's Great Lake summer. (Is that a shark fin out there?)
- Dining: Delicious sandwiches for your September picnic basket.
- Local Foodie: Canned peaches--sweetest way to put summer in a jar.
- Drinks: Ideal IPAs for September sipping (after a bike ride, after a hike, during a game ... see the trend?)
- Into the North: Now that's a pretty fish.
And, of course, Deborah Wyatt Fellows's column
In the Morning Riding on the Trail, I Feel Young and Strong and So Happy
My husband, Neal, and I have been riding our bikes to work several times a week this summer, about 12 miles on a bike trail ...
It's a manageable distance for us given our timeline. Almost every day, we ask ourselves, "Why haven't we been doing this for years?" But the answer always comes, "Oh, that's right, life. ...
... Get this issue and read the rest of Deborah Wyatt Fellows column on how Northern Michigan's community, and her own life, is reflected in the spirit and people on her daily ride to and from work.
- Northern Michigan Gifts
- Magazines, Books & More
- Home & Cottage
- Local Foods